Sunfish Storage Help

racfish

We just purchased our first sunfish, used 30 yrs old, and it will be sailed down on a pond. I'm not sure yet if it will fit in our existing shed for storage over the winter.

I was thinking of building some type of 2x4 frame and then tarping it but would very much appreciate ideas and suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestion on best practices for storing a sunfish while not in use?

Thanks for your help!

We just purchased our first sunfish, used 30 yrs old, and it will be sailed down on a pond. I'm not sure yet if it will fit in our existing shed for storage over the winter.

I was thinking of building some type of 2x4 frame and then tarping it but would very much appreciate ideas and suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestion on best practices for storing a sunfish while not in use?

Thanks for your help!

I have an old 1969 SF. I live in Quebec, Canada. So, we have a lot of snow during winter. I have built a 4 X 16 shed, 4 foot high, no floor. The sails were stored in my camping trailer. It has been stored like that for 4 winters.

I just bought a 1979 SF, so I have 2 SF now. I have now a large 8 X 16 shed high enough to be able to walk in ti, with a good floor, so there will be no snow and no rain in the shed. There is no heating in the shed. For this winter, I put the 2 SF sideways in my new shed. I changed my camping trailer but the sails don't get into it. So I wrapped up the sail in a plastic cover and put them in the shed. I left the inspection ports of the 1969 SF opened.

Back