Media Tomales Bay in winter

Dennis

Seeing the action forum again reminds me of various camera mounts I've built and tried over the years. This one was offset out from the bow, looking aft.

Cheers!
Dennis Olson
Tomales Bay, CA

Attachments

• Olson 7 T.jpg
    Olson 7 T.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 107
Dennis said:
Seeing the action forum again reminds me of various camera mounts I've built and tried over the years. This one was offset out from the bow, looking aft.

Cheers!
Dennis Olson
Tomales Bay, CA

Keeping it nicely flat (and wet). But what's the line (?) running towards the lower left? Did it have to do with the camera set-up?

Dennis said:

Cheers!
Dennis Olson
Tomales Bay, CA

Great pic! How did you trigger it to take shots?

Oh, yes the line in that shot - it's not a spinnaker sheet.... I was triggering the camera with it. An old Minolta film camera that I built into a mount that emplyed a spring-loaded "finger" that took a shot each time I pulled the line. I was a bit careless in routing it so it's in the shots. (I also did some masthead ones where the trigger line ended up less obtrusive.

Oh, yes - Tomales Bay is a great place to sail the Laser. I still go out there all the time. Windy plenty of the time.

Dennis

Back